Parents enjoy legal rights over the moveable income of their children. In most cases, the parents will therefore need to declare the dividends in their own tax return. If there are two parents, both will need to add half of the dividends of each minor to the dividends they themselves have received. If only one parent has legal rights over the children’s income, they alone will need to declare the minors’ dividends in their tax return.